Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Brand New Blog

I hadn't decided whether or not I wanted to continue this blog after I got home from my road trip. I'm not really one for putting their deepest emotions out there for anyone to see. But I realized something, it's just a blog. I don't have to put anything into it that I don't feel comfortable with. Who knows, I may throw a little anguish in here from time to time, but this will mostly be about things that I've noticed, things that are pissing me off, or just random stuff that I wanted to bug Mike with but thought better.

For instance, it's hard to find the perfect house when you're working on a budget. There's always something that you love a lot about one, but then something else turns you off of it, whether it be the neighborhood, the floors, the yard, but it's always something. Today I saw a couple houses that were great. One was brand new, ranch style, lots of room, and I just loved the layout of the house, but the neighborhood wasn't great, there was an identical house next door, no A/C, and not much of a yard. The other I saw was an older ranch, big garage, nice deck in the back, big back yard, big barn, cool looking tree in the backyard, roomy, but there was also no A/C, some of the floors would have to be redone, and who knows what else would need to be done in the next few years, it is an older house. I've been looking and this seems to be the trend on the budget I'm working on: it's not gonna be perfect. So you know what I think, so what, it's not perfect now, with a little bit of work, I could come to thinkof it that way someday. But seeing as how just writing the word work gave me hives, we'll have to see.

No comments: