Friday, September 28, 2007

Day Two: Oklahoma City, OK

Well, when I left this morning I thought to myself, "Wait, I'm staying in Oklahoma City tonight, what's there to do in Oklahoma City?" Answer: nothing I can think of. So I took my time today and stopped at the Meramac Caverns in Missouri. It's claim to fame is that Jesse James once hid out there after knocking off a train for a thousand dollars. It was okay, to tell you the truth, if you've seen one cave you've seen them all. There was a light show at the end of the tour that was fun and the tour guide was a cute chick, so that helped.



The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, but I did see a couple roadsigns in Oklahoma that were odd. The first went like this: SPEED LIMIT 75 MINIMUM SPEED 50 NO TOLERANCE. Man, they mean business. If it was up to me I'd add a fourth line BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING. The other one I thought was odd was one that said: DO NOT DRIVE INTO SMOKE. What do they got going on in Oklahoma to where that sign is needed. I guess it makes sense, 'cause whenever I see smoke I head straight for it, who knows what's in there, it could be the start of a zombie plague or just really dramatic when I come speeding out the other side in slow motion. Going to bed early tonight, tomorrow's Rolanda's game. On to Austin I go.

1 comment:

Uncle Sam said...

You drive car! You drive car fast! Or I break head!

Seriously I think the smoke thing has to do with wildfires. So you dont suddennly find your self trapped by fire. But the zombie plague is a more fun answer.