Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day Three: Austin, TX

So, I drove some more today. Not a lot happened today, before I went to the game. My sister Rolanda had a roller derby game. They didn't do that well, final score 160-50, and for some reason it was stopped after two periods, and my sister hardly got to play, but they gave it their all. They posed for a nice pic after the bout. Rolanda's third from the right in the back. If you want to find out more about them, visit www.detroitderbygirls.com.








And check out that desk at the Courtyard Marriott I'm staying at. Nice.

I went with Landa to this after party thing at a local bar and I stayed for a few minutes before I realized that that overwhelming feeling that I don't belong there wasn't going away. So I bid my adieu and went back to the hotel.

On the road again tomorrow. Gonna start heading toward Las Vegas, and stop some place on the way and try to catch the Lions game. I have this nice room for another night, but the road is calling my name. It's a long way to Vegas, and I want to get their fresh, and ready for debauchery.

3 comments:

Uncle Sam said...

Bummer, was hoping they would win. I happen to be talking to my folks about you sister, and roller derby. Found out my great grandfather (who I believe lived around Austin somewhere) was a big roller derby fan. From back when they used to have on tv. I guess my great grandmother hated it. But he loved it. He used the say "Look at them old gals go!"

Spencer said...

Sounds like a pretty cool road trip. I loved the signs from OK. So you not back for Monday night Gaming?

Anonymous said...

You didn't miss much at the afterparty anyway. I skipped all of the games on Sunday to go swimming at Hamilton pool. http://www.texasoutside.com/hamiltonpool.htm amazing!