Thursday, September 27, 2007

Road Trip: Day One: St. Louis






Well, I left this morning later than I wanted to. Didn't get on the road till 11:30. Oh well, I forgot about the time change so I got in St. Louis about 6:30 ET. Yesterday I picked up an ipod thing for your car so you can play it over your radio, freaking genius. I have a feeling I'm going to be listening to a lot of podcasts in the next two weeks. On the way I stopped for gas near Springfield, IL. I saw that they had an Abraham Lincoln museum, and I thought, doesn't sound that exciting, right up my alley. I got there fifteen to five and it closed at five, no tours starting after four, man Abe, you're killing me.

I took the metro train to get into St. Louis, and got really lucky. I didn't get a ticket, I didn't see where you get one. I heard someone say that the penalty for riding without a ticket was fifty bucks. So this girl is checking tickets and she gets to some girl right before me and she can't find hers. The ticket lady stays with her and gets off at the next exit with her. I got off at the the one after that and got myself a ticket. I went to the Arch, and took some pics, but it's not the best thing to take pics of in the dark.
To get there I had to walk through this park. It was well lit, but I just went to go see The Brave One and couldn't help thinking about it.
Then I went to an Irish pub called The Dubliners, I had the duck, it was really good and my waitress regaled me with stories of backpacking in New Zealand and Vietnam and all over. Then I headed home and chatted with some guys who were there for a policemen convention, they reminded me more than a little of Farva. Time to sleep.

2 comments:

Uncle Sam said...

Tell me your bringing back a bust of Abraham Lincoln. If you do. One, I will tell you your the coolest. Second, it will be displayed with pride in the game room.

Anonymous said...

Bring me back a statue of John W. Chi. I would also like a pocket watch with the Detroit "D" on it, and some blunt arrows. Oh, and don't forget to bring back money from Vegas too. That might be the most important part.